Updated: February 21, 2020
Virgin Voyages understand that people have concerns about the Coronavirus. Rest assured, the safety, security, and comfort of all Sailors and Crew are Virgin Voyages top priority. Virgin Voyages are implementing proactive safety measures as detailed below, including enhanced health screenings prior to embarkation for all ship visits and voyages.
CORONAVIRUS HEALTH SCREENING PROTOCOLS
Virgin Voyages have and continue to closely monitor world-wide developments regarding the Coronavirus. Virgin Voyages main focus is protecting the health and safety of their Sailors and Crew.
Following the guidance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), International Maritime Organization (IMO) and other global public health authorities, Virgin Voyages are implementing several measures to protect everyone who sets foot on the ship. Virgin Voyages apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Virgin Voyages prevention measures include the following restrictions, as well as an expansion of the medical boarding questionnaire to include the recommendations of the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA):
- Deny boarding to all persons who have travelled from, visited or transited via airports in China, including Hong Kong and Macau, within 21 days before embarkation.
- Deny boarding to all persons who, within 21 days before embarkation, have had close contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having Coronavirus, or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to Coronavirus.
These prevention measures will be applied regardless of the person’s nationality.
To assist with enhanced pre-boarding screening and initial medical support, which will be provided as needed to any persons exhibiting symptoms of suspected Coronavirus, Virgin Voyages have added these specific questions to their medical boarding questionnaire:
- Have your clients, or any person listed above, travelled from or through China, including Hong Kong or Macau, in the past 21 days?
- Have your clients, or any person listed above, had close contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having Coronavirus, or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to Coronavirus?
- Do your clients or any person listed above have a fever (100.4 F° / 38 C° or higher), feel feverish, or have chills, a cough or difficulty breathing?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions you will be assessed free of charge by a member of the ship’s onboard medical facility. Your clients will be allowed to travel, unless they exhibit or are suspected to have an illness of public health concern, including but not limited to, the Coronavirus.
These precautionary safety measures will remain in effect until further notice. Virgin Voyages will continue to monitor the current situation and will update these protocols as needed with information we receive from local health authorities, the CDC, WHO and IMO.
Virgin Voyages has launched a dedicated trade packaging platform as it prepares to host UK agents on its first ship Scarlet Lady in Dover this weekend.
Here’s how Voyage Store can help you join the revolution
Virgin Atlantic Flightstore are delighted to announce their partnership with Virgin Voyages.