Sail With Friends Programme T&C's
Sail With Friends is Virgin Voyages’ referral program, which allows Sailors to share their voyage in order to earn additional Sailor Loot when their friends book on the same sailing.
How It Works:
- Sailors can refer up to sixteen (16) cabins/bookings to score Sailor Loot.
- Once a Sailor refers someone and they book the same voyage, both the Sailor and the referee will receive $50 in Sailor Loot.
- Sailors and referees must be booked on the same sailing date.
- The referee can also share the voyage with up to 16 additional Sailors to receive more Sailor Loot.
Eligibility & Combinability
- Sailors can refer up to sixteen (16) cabins
- Sail With Friends is combinable with our current offers
- Not combinable with deeply discounted rates (including but not limited to Access Keys, Sweepstakes, Casino, Tour Operators & First Mate rates), Circles or Charters bookings.
- Sailors and referees must book and sail on the same sailing date in order to receive the $50 Sailor Loot offer
- Outside of 120 days: If either Sailors cancels, both Sailors will lose the Sailor Loot.
- Within 120 days: Any cancelled booking(s) will lose the $50 Sailor Loot. Any remaining Sailor from the referral who is fully paid, keeps the Sailor Loot.
- Sailors will receive the offer whether they choose the 24-Hour Breather or to pay deposit/pay in full, but will only keep the sailor loot if the booking is deposited (BK status).
Is there a maximum amount of friends/cabins that a Sailor can refer?
Yes. Sailors can refer up to 16 cabins.
Do we all have to sail on the same voyage/date?
Yes. The Sailor and their referrals will need to sail on the same voyage date to take advantage of this offer.
Is this offer only for new bookings?
No, this offer can be applied to existing bookings on the same voyage date.
How can a Sailor share their link?
Sailors can share their unique link directly via email or social media.
Can First Mates utilize the referral tools?
Yes. First Mates are able to link bookings. If the Sailor books online themselves and wishes to add the First Mate to their booking, they will need to call Sailor Services and have the booking transferred to the First Mate’s agency, within the booking transfer policy.
If a Sailor doesn't use all of their Sailor Loot, can they give it to their mates/friends?
Our Sailor Loot offering is non-transferable and becomes use-it-or-lose-it once on board. Any remaining Sailor Loot will not be returned/paid out at, as it expires at the end of your voyage.
My Sailor is booked in a Circle, can they take advantage of this offer?
No. This program is not combinable with our Circle offers.
Can a Sailor invite an already booked Sailor through Sail With Friends?
Yes. You can link existing bookings in the booking engine of FirstMates.com or our Sailor Services Crew will be able to hook you up.
My Sailor is getting more Sailor Loot with Sail With Friends than with Circles. Why should they book a Circle?
While Circles receive a set Sailor Loot amount, there are also additional benefits for booking a Circle such as complimentary cabins (or bonus commission for First Mates).
My Sailor didn’t receive the email with their unique link. Is there a way for it to be re-sent to them?
Sailors will be able to access their unique link by logging into their Sailor account on virginvoyages.com.
Does the Primary Sailor on a Booking have to be the one to process the referral for a voyage to get the additional Loot?
The Sailor Loot will always be applied to the primary Sailor (Sailor #1) on the booking.
What happens if VV cancels the booking, do they have the opportunity to transfer the SWF referral code?
If Virgin Voyages cancels the booking, both referral bookings will automatically be cancelled. When the Sailor makes a new booking, they’ll get a new referral link